Assembly Instructions For Figure 8 On Open Rectangle
(Recommended to install top disc first but not essential)
- Place bearing in bottom housing.
- Put external retaining ring on top shaft and bring to bottom of shaft.
(We’ve done this before packing)
- Put internal retaining ring over shaft and let it rest on disc.
- Place Top bearing on top shaft and let it slide down to disc.
- Hold disc in both hands, insert top shaft in top housing.
- Put bottom shaft in bottom bearing.
- Move top bearing up shaft into housing and with large ring pliers compress internal retaining ring and seat it in groove just inside top housing.
- With small ring pliers slide external retaining ring up shaft into groove.
- Repeat for bottom disc.
- Fully assembled
- Dig hole to fit anchor plate so ground is level with bottom of sculpture. Please make sure plate is level so piece will be level and plumb. This is necessary for optimum movement. Attach sculpture to anchor plate with three 1/2” flat head bolts using 5/16” Allen wrench, both supplied. Recheck level and plumb. Fill in earth and/or sod for ballast.
Bearing and ring specs:
All stainless steel
Bearings: R6 double shielded, lubricated with light oil. OD .875
Internal Retaining Ring: .875
External Retaining Ring: .375